戴夫: 那你的助理呢?她刚刚才来找过你。
Zina: Mary? Please, Dave. Anyway, I know it couldn't be her. She has a boyfriend.
吉娜: 玛莉?帮帮忙,戴夫。反正我知道不可能是她。她有男朋友了。
Dave: Yeah, but I bet he's nothing like you.
戴夫: 是啊,但我敢说他跟你可不一样。
--------------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: What's your job title?
你的职称是什么?
B: I'm an assistant professor of chemistry.
我是化学系的助理教授。
【be nothing like... 可不像……】
be nothing like...这个句型可以用来比较两个人的不同:
A: Your sister is nothing like you.
你的姐姐跟你完全不像。
B: I know, she's much more independent than I am.
我知道。她比我独立多了。
除了比较人以外,你也可以用这个句型来对事物或是地方做比较,可以是好,可以是坏:
A: This job is nothing like the one I used to have.
这个工作跟我以前的是两个样。
B: Hang in there. Maybe it will get better.
撑着点。或许情况会好转的。
1) studly (a.) (俚) 健壮帅气的
2) numero uno(意,西)即 number one “第一名,头号人物”。
3) ponytail (n.)(发饰)马尾
4) geek (n.) 怪胎
5) punk (n.) 朋克,指发型服饰怪异新潮的族群,指源于美国70年代因摇滚乐兴起的运动。
6) prime suspect 头号嫌疑犯
7) assistant (n.) 助手
Better office equipment 更好的办公设备
It is really exciting news.
这真是一个令人兴奋的消息。
What news?
什么消息?
You don’t know? The company is going to replace these old computers with the latest ones.
你不知道吗?公司即将把这些旧电脑换成最新的。
You know what we will get?
你知道我们会得到什么样的吗?
We will all get a docking station on our own desk from which you can remove your laptop easily. And if you come back to office, you just reconnect your laptop with docking station.
我们的桌上可以多一个扩充口,你就可以轻松地移动你的笔记本电脑。如果你回到办公室,你只需把你的笔记本电脑和扩充口连接起来就行了。
What docking station?
什么扩充口?
This is a kind of socket mounted to your desk. The socket has all the wire connections of the company line and all the other office automation equipments, like fax, copier, a screen, printer and scanner, and it will be very convenient.
是一种安装在桌上的插座。这个插座有电线接口连接公司所有的线路和其它自动化办公设备,像传真机,复印机,屏幕,打印机和扫描仪,方便多了。
Another big step forward in saving on our office equipment, I don’t need a desktop anymore. A laptop is enough.
同时还可以节省我们办公室设备的开销,我不需要台式电脑了。一台笔记本电脑就足够了。
百度搜索“70edu”或“70教育网”即可找到本站免费阅读全部范文。收藏本站方便下次阅读,70教育网,提供经典演讲稿大全办公室礼仪英语:对新同事致辞(锦集17篇)(办公室礼仪英语短句)(3)在线全文阅读。
相关推荐: